Monday, February 13, 2012

32 week survey. 8 weeks and counting!

Weekly Survey:


How far along? 32 weeks-8 weeks (56 days) left!

Total weight gain: +21.4lbs (149.4lbs). Up 1lb from last week.

How big is baby?: The size of a jicama (about 3.75lbs and 16.7” from head to heel).

Sleep?: Well, it hasn’t been good lately…not due to the pregnancy, but due to my having had bronchitis. It made it hard to breathe at all. I’d try to sleep propped up, but then my back would get sore or I’d wake up with a coughing fit or flare up of acid reflux. The last couple nights have been slightly better, but I’m hoping that as I get better the sleep will improve as much as it can, too.

How are you feeling physically? Aside from the lingering effects of the bronchitis/cold mess I’ve been feeling ok. I have had a little bit of sciatica flare up in the last few days, but other than that I’ve been pretty good.

How are you feeling emotionally?: Pretty good. I’ve been feeling a little panicked lately. I told Adam that it feels like I was assigned a paper with a due date that’s 2 months out and suddenly its 2 weeks before it’s due and I haven’t even gathered materials for it yet! I’m not sure why. We have everything we need for him that we could possibly need right away, except diapers which we’ll actually get from the hospital. I’m also having a hard time coming to grips with how big I’m getting! I keep seeing people who are within two weeks to a month of delivering who are smaller than I am and I wonder how the heck I can get much bigger!

Best moment this week?: Jessica’s baby shower was this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun. We also picked up a few things for Sam yesterday.

Movement?: All the time! I can tell when he usually takes his nap because he’s not jabbing me. Other than that, I think he’s pushing his limits with what he’s doing in there. lol

What is baby up to this week?: You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

Food cravings?: Not really. I was craving Chicken McNuggets and a Shamrock shake the other day, but since I was sick and no one could go get it for me, I didn’t get it. I might have to get a shake after work tonight, though. :)

Labor signs?: Nope, and I haven’t even had any BH lately, either.

What I miss: Not being sick!

What I'm looking forward to: We have Clara’s 15-month check up tomorrow. I’ll also be getting a recheck for the bronchitis. Adam and I are going to get to do a little kid-free shopping on Wednesday and then I have an OB appointment on Thursday.

Random Thoughts: I’ve been in major nesting mode lately. The only problem is I’ve been too sick to do anything about it! I’m hoping to remedy that as I start feeling better. There’s a lot I want to do! And some of it requires another trip to Hobby Lobby!! I’m really excited about some of the craft projects I’m working on! I’m even thinking of getting a sewing machine!
My crappy 32 week bump pic. I forgot to take my pic before I changed out of my work clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment